How to fetch release notes of Jira from Confluence??

Bala Krishna July 2, 2012

I want to configure my confluence to fetch Release Notes from Particular Jira Project?

How can i do this in Confluence??

Thanks in Advance

-Bala

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julien Hoarau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

You can use the JIRA Issues Macro in Confluence.

Atlassian uses this for their releases notes. (example: Confluence 4.2.7 Release Notes)

Thanks Julien

Julien, I was able to fetch and publish same in my confluence thanks for the info

Julien Hoarau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2012

You're welcome, glad I could help.

2 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2013

We've made this process a little easier today with JIRA report Blueprints blogs.atlassian.com/2013/11/publish-jira-reports-in-confluence-fast/

David Scherer August 8, 2014

It doesn't create issue links with this though, which fairly disapointing and leads back to the whole problem with JIRA/Confluence disparity.

This feature just dumps the generated release notes from JIRA into the confluence page, rather than linking the issues. Doesn't seem to be an easy way to modify this without writing a custom blueprint.

JIRA and Confluence really should integrate better, this is problably one of my few, but biggest complaints about the Atlassian stack, integration across the various parts of the stack is very piecemeal.

Suggest an answer