Can anyone please let me know. How to fetch key value into the custom field which is generated by jira automatically on default page?
I have created user stories in jira and now i am creating another workflow in that i need to fetch the user stories number on the default screen so that i can tag it to the release.
Please treat this as very urgent
Thanks in Advance.
What do you mean by "key value"? It's worth defining clearly as you might be talking about a number of things. You've not explained what "default page" is either, it might be good to be clear about that.
I'm afraid I don't understand "I need to fetch the user stories number on the default screen" - does that mean you want [your unknown field] on the *create* issue screen for certain issue types? Could you explain exactly what the calculation is here? What are you expecting the user to actually see?
I apologize for the confusin.
What do you mean by "key value"?
Once the issue is created(of any issue type) the jira assign unique value(Column name: Key) to that created issue. I have created 50 stories in jira and every story conatins unique issue number(Column name: Key).
does that mean you want [your unknown field] on the *create* issue screen for certain issue types?
Yes exactly. The default screen is 'Create issue' screen. I have added new issue type('Release') and i have created a new screen for new issue type('Release') and i want to create a custom field which will autopopulate those 50 issue numbers(Key Value) in that custom field on the new screen. So that i can select any issue number i want.
Does this make sense?
It helps, but I'm a bit lost on the requirement. I can try telling you some stuff that could help you without me completely understanding it though.
So, you are working with issue keys, that's clear now.
There is a short partial answer I can give - if you need a custom field full of issue keys, then you are going to need some code. The bit I'm lost on is the behaviour of this field, with the specific points that
1. I don't know if it should contain the current issue key (actually, it can't, on a create screen because you don't have a key until after the issue has been created)
2. You say the field should "autopopulate" with issue keys, but then you say "I want to select". Do you mean you want to fill the field for the user OR select an issue? It's one or the other. (I have a nagging doubt that what you really mean is that you want the field to offer options of a list of keys to the user and they select one/many/all of them, but it's very unclear)
3. You are going to need to think very carefully about the rules on what you offer the user. Those 50 issue keys - could they change? How are you generating this list?
This is actually a lot of code, and I've yet to see any "issue picker" that actually works (the only ones I have seen don't scale - fine when there's a few thousand issues, fail miserably as Jira approaches what I'd call a medium size, let alone large)
1. Using issue links as intended
2. Look for one of the "database values" plugins in the marketplace - given a sane rule for which issues to select, translated into SQL, they could very easily provide something like this (I'm assuming my nagging doubt is correct when I say this)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG