How to fetch and display the commented user name instead of "Automation for JIRA"?

vdhanorkar May 2, 2023

I have created an automation workflow, which copies the last comments from the JIRA task and pastes them into the linked JSM task and it is working ok.
The only issue I am facing right now is the commented user name. I want to show commented user name instead of "Automation for JIRA"

Comments-1.png
Please suggest if you have any suggestions, for reference attaching the workflow screenshot

2023-05-03_12-18-55.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2023

Hi @vdhanorkar 

You have to change the actor:

• Go to your project > project settings
  • Automation > Click on your rule > Rule Details
  • Under "Actor" choose "User who triggered the event"

However, keep in mind that the below can take place, based on the permissions of your project:

Due to security restrictions, there are certain users who cannot run 'User who triggered the event' rules as the rule actor. This includes users created by Marketplace apps and special admins. In these situations, the actor will be 'Automation for Jira' instead.

If a rule is allowed to run as the 'User who triggered the event' but the user does not have permission for certain actions then the rule execution will fail.

vdhanorkar May 5, 2023

Great. Thanks for the quick response.

Suggest an answer