How to extract field value using JQL

saket rustagi June 2, 2022

We have a JIRA project where in each issue has a "Delivery" date i.e. when this will be done.

Requirement is to find the "maximum Delivery date" amongst the all issues which belongs to the same release. Example:

Issue1 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 15th May 2022
Issue2 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 11th Jun 2022
Issue3 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 25th May 2022
Issue4 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 6th Jun 2022
Issue5 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 17th Jun 2022
Issue6 - Release R1 - Delivery Date 3rd Jun 2022

On our Confluence page, we would like to build a table where in we can show for each release what is the last/max "Delivery Date" i.e.

R1 - Max (Delivery Date amongst all issues which belongs to R1)
R2 - Max (Delivery Date amongst all issues which belongs to R2)
R3 - Max (Delivery Date amongst all issues which belongs to R3)
R4 - ....

Can you please suggest how we can achieve it

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2022

Hi @saket rustagi ,

As per my knowledge, you don't have max or min option in JQL (out of the box). 

Alternative for your request is : 

1. create filter as below

fixVersion = "your release name" ORDER BY "your delivery date field name" DESC

2. Later this filter can be added in the confluence using Jira issue /filter macro and select maximum issues as 1 and columns to display is only your delivery date or fix version and delivery date (as shown below)

I hope this may help.

filter in jira.PNG

saket rustagi June 3, 2022

Thanks @Sreenivasaraju P for such a quick response. I tried this and yes it will solve the purpose :-).

Many thanks again.
BTW, is there any way to remove the column name from appearing as part of the result i.e. if we can omit the column name and only keep the value

Suggest an answer