How to export and import request type from one jira instance to another jira instance?

Gurunathan Kanniappan July 5, 2024

Hi Team

I have a couple of requests in a request type group. I would like to export one request type from one jira instance to another jira instance. Kindly help.

Regards

Guru

3 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2024

Hi Gurunathan,

Am I missing something? Why don't you just set up the Request Type in the other instance? Shouldn't take but a couple of minutes. 

Gurunathan Kanniappan July 29, 2024

Thank you, John, that makes sense but just thought of asking if there is traditional way of exporting if we have more than 10 request types.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2024

Thank you, Mohamed. But I'm looking to export/backup "Customer portal Request Type" forms which we create. In case if the environment is refreshed from production or any other environment we would like to restore from the backup.

0 votes
Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2024

Hi @Gurunathan Kanniappan 

Sadly you can't. There is no option to do that in the UI.

You can do it using API:

GET /rest/servicedeskapi/request

https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-servicedesk/REST/3.6.2/#servicedeskapi/request-getMyCustomerRequests

Regards

Aaron

Thank you, Aaron. I have never used or knew how to use an API? Do I need to use postman to export using this API? Any example video link or document will be helpful. 

Suggest an answer