How to export all issues within a project

Katie Allard November 1, 2018

From Jira, is it possible to export (into excel/csv/word etc) all issues from within a particular project? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2018

Just go to Search issues , advance search: project = SampleProyectScrum 

And then you have the export options,ProjectExport.JPG

Thank you Marcela, that's really helpful!! Sorted :) 

Marcela Junyent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2018

Glad I help!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2018

The export is limited to 1,000 issues. If you have more you will need to do multiple exports. 

Thanks Joe, no I don't have that many issues, but don't know how to process the actual export? Are there any steps you could point me toward that I can follow?

Thanks again

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2018

There is documentation in JIRA or just google it. The first step is to create a filter that returns the issues. There is an option to export on the filter results. Comments will not be exported. 

AKBAR March 4, 2020

@Joe Pitt 

I have more than 1k issues that needs to be exported.. Can you please suggest me some steps for such export? I am unable to figure out the number of issues even, it is just showing 1000+ that's it.

Please sort it out Joe.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Akbar.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2020

I've never had that problem. Add another condition in the filter like date to limit the number found. You'll just need to create multiple filters to export. 

AKBAR March 4, 2020

Yeah, Multiple filters is only the way it seems.

Thanks @Joe Pitt.

AKBAR March 8, 2020

@Joe Pitt 

I got a solution for this Joe..

We have an icon just beside Export toggle like "open in google sheets" which makes us export all the issues at a time into our desired format.

Please have a look and update me.

Thanks.

Like Ibragim Dibirov likes this
AKBAR March 8, 2020

We can export even 10k issues at a time also..

Glad!

Regards,

Akbar Pasha.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 9, 2020

@AKBAR I wasn't aware they changed the max export. I've never had to try to export more than the 1.000 issues. 

Nae June 21, 2021

Hello -- related question:

When you export, does that export the attachments saved within the Jira?

Angela Frey November 15, 2023

It will export the file name and URL of the image, not an actual asset (like a .png file)

Suggest an answer