How to export Test Execution Details Results/ Test Steps from generic test with Xporter?

Philipp Stark April 30, 2019

I need to export the test results (context, Error Message, Duration and Status) per test step from an automated (generic) test into a word template. Is there a way to access this information? I can only access the test details per step in a manual test. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2019

Hi Philipp,

No, this is not possible, because in the Xray context a Generic Test is an automated agnostic Test and the only Field that is related to a Generic Test is its Definition. The Xray application only supports steps when we are using Manual Tests. 
You can see more information here https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XRAY/Test

Best regards,

Xray Team

Zülal Gelgec September 25, 2019

Hi there, 

i am trying to do a bulk export for the failed Test steps within a Test Plan or Scenario. 

In order to see when a test failed, at which step and why?

Is this possible?

Thanks

Zu

Like Benjamin XEMARD likes this
Philipp Stark September 26, 2019

I guess you could try using the JQL filter to only get the failed tests. Something like this: 

#{for a=JQLIssuesCount|clause=project=YOUR PROJECT and issuetype = "Test" and TestRunStatus = "${Key}-FAIL"}

#{for r=JQLIssues[a].TestStepsCount}

StepNumber: ${JQLIssues[a].TestSteps[r].StepNumber} 

Step: ${JQLIssues[a].TestSteps[r].Step}  

Step Status: ${JQLIssues[a].TestSteps[r].Status}  

#{end}

#{end} 

Manny P December 16, 2019

Hi Phillip ,

I am trying to use your query that you suggested above. It is giving me an error that - 

The character '#' is a reserved JQL character. You must enclose it in a string or use the escape '\u0023' instead. (line 1, character 1)

Do you know how to resolve this error. 

Thanks in advance. 

Manny

0 votes
Santiago Estel May 4, 2022

Was this feature implemented on latest versions?

Suggest an answer