How to escape special characters when remotely creating an issue with CLI plugin?

Mark Montminy April 17, 2014

I'm trying to use the CLI Plugin in a post workflow action to remotely create a copy of an issue.

When I pass the original_description and original_summary, it will fail if they contain quotes, and presumably other special characters.

I was hoping the substitution variables would be properly escaped to avoid this, but it doesn't seem that way.

How can I address this?

1 answer

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2014

Hi Mark,

I would suggest you on using backslash (\) prior to:

• doube-quotes (") - e.g.: "this is my \"sample\" text"

I would kindly ask you to provide an example to what you are trying to perform, please.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Mark Montminy April 22, 2014

I'm trying to perform a worflow post-action to remotely clone an issue.

I need to populate the summary and description of the newly created issue using those of the current issue. If there are quotes or other special characters, the action fails.

I don't have the opportunity to escape those characters, that I'm aware of, because I'm passing them as a replacement variable to the CLI plugin.

CLI action
Product: JIRA
Action: --action run --common "--project PRJ" --server https://ondemand--user user --password password
Data: -a createIssue --type Bug --summary "%original_summary%" <br>-a setFieldValue --issue @issue@ --field Description --values "%original_description%"<br>-a setFieldValue --issue @issue@ --field "External Bugid" --values "%original_key%"<br>-a addLabels --issue @issue@ --labels %original_key%

Suggest an answer