How to ensure a custom field is not empty?

grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2011

I've successfully added a custom field from Admin page. How can I check that it's not empty when creating issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2011

Sorry, probably misunderstood there.

You can make fields required, by editing the field configuration. (Admin | Issue Fields | Field Configuration)

If you haven't created one, then this will be the default field configuration. This will list the fields available (both built in and custom) and there is a Required link you can click to make that field required on creation.

grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Wow, just what I wanted! Can't google anser for it. Thank you very much! :D

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2011

Yep, I saw that plugin, but I can't figure out how to use it. Can you, please, help?

I can't understand which transition stands for new issue - in which should I add this validation?

Suggest an answer