It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable velocity chart on JIRA dashboard

How to enable velocity chart on JIRA Dashboard without gadget plugin, any options if available. Please give me any suggestion. 

1 answer

By default, there's no way to put Velocity charts to the dashboard unless you use some plugin i.e. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215768/agile-velocity-chart-gadget?hosting=server&tab=overview

How is this even possible that JIRA has no native way to show velocity charts in a dashboard. How is it acceptable. I find this so hard to believe. One of the most basic charts in all of Agile and they can't support it? I have to pay for a 3rd party extension for one of the most baseline capabilities in an ALM tool? I know there's a report, but i want it in a dashboard. 

Who's got a link to an existing feature request that will go unsatisfied for years?

Agreed. This is a pretty big miss. Team velocity is kind-of the main point. 

Like Max Cascone likes this

It's like, THE point! Of points! So you can guage your performance over time! And they INSIST on so many charts and gadgets only supporting points.... and then to not have a velocity gadget?

I'm yelling, sorry. It just baffles me sometimes how half-baked this tool can be sometimes, when it's so powerful and awesome in other ways.

Like Jennifer Sherman likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you