How to enable velocity chart on JIRA dashboard

SHANAVASH MOHAMED May 15, 2018

How to enable velocity chart on JIRA Dashboard without gadget plugin, any options if available. Please give me any suggestion. 

3 answers

30 votes
Boaz Katz December 22, 2019

i suggest to vote for this issue and make it a priority 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10762

KevinBrennan May 23, 2023

Done!

Linda Hufland December 14, 2023

Great idea! I voted for it.

Som_RVS April 6, 2024

Hi,

As an alternative, to track resource / sprint velocity as a dashboard gadget, I can recommend our app. The app comes with couple of gadgets to track team member's velocity in a sprint and also a complete sprint status overview.

Sprint Velocity & Status Gadgets 

Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app

Resource Velocity Chart.png

9 votes
Kirill Skuibida May 15, 2018

By default, there's no way to put Velocity charts to the dashboard unless you use some plugin i.e. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215768/agile-velocity-chart-gadget?hosting=server&tab=overview

Max Cascone August 21, 2019

How is this even possible that JIRA has no native way to show velocity charts in a dashboard. How is it acceptable. I find this so hard to believe. One of the most basic charts in all of Agile and they can't support it? I have to pay for a 3rd party extension for one of the most baseline capabilities in an ALM tool? I know there's a report, but i want it in a dashboard. 

Who's got a link to an existing feature request that will go unsatisfied for years?

Like # people like this
ralphsmith80 September 6, 2019

Agreed. This is a pretty big miss. Team velocity is kind-of the main point. 

Like # people like this
Max Cascone September 6, 2019

It's like, THE point! Of points! So you can guage your performance over time! And they INSIST on so many charts and gadgets only supporting points.... and then to not have a velocity gadget?

I'm yelling, sorry. It just baffles me sometimes how half-baked this tool can be sometimes, when it's so powerful and awesome in other ways.

Like # people like this
Craig Cockburn October 6, 2021

Value delivered is the point. Story points is only a planning tool.

Like Brian Carman likes this
Sha-Ron Cassel February 11, 2022

Is there an update on this?  Is it still not available?

Jenny Vessgård April 7, 2022

I need it to!

Alexa September 20, 2022

Same

KevinBrennan May 23, 2023

Same

Linda Hufland November 7, 2023

I need it too

Like Jake likes this
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 8, 2023

Apparently no updates on this yet... However, if you really need it, in the meantime I'd suggest our app Dashboard Hub for Jira – Custom Charts & Share Reports as a workaround.

It includes a Scrum Velocity ready-to-go gadget that might be helpful while you wait.

Hope it helps!

Scrum-Velocity-gadget.png

Robin Surland December 12, 2023

@Ivan Garcia _Appfire_ unfortunately we cannot use your apps because you don't have clear EUAs on how you handle our data. We couldn't get it through legal.  

Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 14, 2023

Hi @Robin Surland – Did you navigate our documentation and the Appfire Trust Center? We have plenty of information regarding security. If you still have any doubts, you can also raise a ticket in our support center.

Hope it helps, Appfire strives to be transparent in terms of security.

6 votes
Michelle Douville December 18, 2019

As a work around I added a 'Text' widget to the dashboard which supports html and then embedded the velocity chart url into an iframe into the dashboard.. like this:

<iframe width="900" height="1000" frameborder="0" src="URL to Velocity Chart"></iframe>

Shaun Alsobrook December 19, 2019

Can you please send me a link to how to add "Text" widget?  I'm triyng to put one of these together

Like Sha-Ron Cassel likes this
Michelle Douville December 22, 2019

I just search for the 'text' gadget and it showed up in the last of available gadgets for dashboards.

Shaun Alsobrook December 23, 2019

Thank you

David Yeo January 29, 2020

Can no longer find the text widget? 

Like # people like this
Deleted user March 10, 2020

I used the Custom Content gadget and added the URL to the velocity chart.

Brittany Funk May 13, 2020

Neither Custom Content Gadget or Text widget is available from what I can see. Did something change?

Like # people like this
Scott Rose July 14, 2020

" then embedded the velocity chart url into an iframe into the dashboard.. like this:"

How/where did you create the velocity chart?  Did you do that manually?

Alla April 9, 2021

It is visible in the sprint reports: switch report -> Velocity chart.

Kamalpreet Kaur April 1, 2022

Cannot See Custom Content gadget or the text widget, can anyone help?

Jeremy Jedlicka April 14, 2022

@Kamalpreet Kaur the Text Gadget is disabled by default for security purposes.  Have your Admin enable it if needed.

Like Nicolas Lefebvre likes this

Suggest an answer