How to enable unfurl with Jira server in (all) slack channels

Sébastien Gandon July 9, 2020

Hello

Our admins have just setup the Jira_server plugin for slack in our slack namespace.

I'd like to know if there is a way to have Jira description (unfurl) of a ticket in all channels without having to set it up in the jira administration page ?

if not is there a way to add the jira_server bot in a slack channel using a command ? cause the 3 commands I have ()

Because I find it very akward to go an Jira project administration Slack integration page to add every channel manually. And what is wierd is that one it is done the unfurl work for any jira project not only the one I have configured with the channel.

Subsidiary question, do all our employees have to connect their account to be able to unfurl ?

thanks for any lead.

Sébastien.

2 answers

0 votes
Danny Aponte November 2, 2020

Hey, I was looking for this exact thing and the OP's question led me to a partial answer. You can invite the Jira Server bot to any channel with /invite @[deleted] Server. This will add unfurling to that channel specifically without having to go to the Jira admin page.

It doesn't solve the "all channels" question (which I'd like as well) but I found it to be a bit more useful.

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2020

Hi,

I don't think it is possible without your custom Slack Bot because when you configure a bot you need to tell to Slack which domains you handle for link unfurls and considering that Server/DC installations have custom/unpredictable domains the Bot developer cannot specify them.

I think it possible only when you use your own bot and configure it to unfurl your domain. Here is the doc

The official Bot provides "partial" unfurls (not real ones) - here is the doc.

It works the same way with Microsoft Teams...

Suggest an answer