How to enable Rich Text Editor for description field while creating an issue

Raju Kotha January 8, 2020

We can see Rich Text Editor for description field in edit issue option, but we are unable to see it while creating a new issue. Can we know is there any option to enable Rich Text Editor for description field while creating an issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Oleg Ivashko October 12, 2020

Hi @destan 

Not sure if my issue is the same @Adrian Stephen had. 

I have checked and I have the "Wiki Style Renderer" set for the Description field. 

When I click "Create" button I do see options for text formatting but the interaction is far not the same as when I editing the same field after the issue is actually created.

Do you have any idea if this is possible to have the description filed on "Create issue" popup look the same?

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 12.35.33.pngScreenshot 2020-10-12 at 12.36.50.png

Romanovich, Anna December 16, 2020

Hi Oleg, did you figure it out? 

I have the same issue. 

Oleg Ivashko December 17, 2020

Nope, still the same.

Seems this is going to be solved here - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-71890

However, such updates go for toooooo long in Atlassian. Sadly...

Like Wojciech Rozwadowski likes this
0 votes
destan May 8, 2020

Ensure you have the right renderer (Wiki Style Renderer) selected

In View Field Configuration page you should see:

Selection_038.png

if there is another renderer is selected you should edit it from "Renderers" link (at the right handside of the row)

Edit screen:

Selection_037.png

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

Hi @Raju Kotha 

Can you confirm that the Wiki Style Renderer is used for the description field? You can check this at the Field Configuration page. 

Suggest an answer