• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to enable Rich Text Editor for description field while creating an issue Edited

We can see Rich Text Editor for description field in edit issue option, but we are unable to see it while creating a new issue. Can we know is there any option to enable Rich Text Editor for description field while creating an issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Adrian Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2020

Hi @Raju_Kotha 

Can you confirm that the Wiki Style Renderer is used for the description field? You can check this at the Field Configuration page. 

Ensure you have the right renderer (Wiki Style Renderer) selected

In View Field Configuration page you should see:

Selection_038.png

if there is another renderer is selected you should edit it from "Renderers" link (at the right handside of the row)

Edit screen:

Selection_037.png

Hi @destan 

Not sure if my issue is the same @Adrian had. 

I have checked and I have the "Wiki Style Renderer" set for the Description field. 

When I click "Create" button I do see options for text formatting but the interaction is far not the same as when I editing the same field after the issue is actually created.

Do you have any idea if this is possible to have the description filed on "Create issue" popup look the same?

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 12.35.33.pngScreenshot 2020-10-12 at 12.36.50.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you