How to enable Issue Detail view for the Kanban board?

Timothy Padgett June 8, 2022

Selecting an issue always brings up a modal/popup, instead of the issue detail view on the righthand side of the board.  How can I configure jira/board to re-enable the ability to view issues via the righthand-side Issue Detail view? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2022

Hi @Timothy Padgett 

Is this for a company-managed or a team-managed project?

For a company-managed project, at the right side of the board's ... menu, I see the option to Open issues in sidebar.

For a team-managed project, if you first open an issue, then use the ... menu from there to change the option.

Kind regards,
Bill

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

indeed it does. i had not seen that previously. good call @Bill Sheboy ++

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Timothy Padgett June 8, 2022

I totally missed that option. due to the wording.   see it now., thank you! 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

Hi Timothy,

The sidebar issue detail view has been replaced with the modal solution. There's no means of reenable at least to the best of my knowledge. Obviously you can click on the issue key when the model pops up and that will open a new tab displaying the full issue detail view.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events