How to enable Groovy?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Hello I am using jira 4.3.4

I downloaded groovy-binary-1.7.10 from this link http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download

, I need to enable Groovy in order to run this script:

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.favourites.FavouritesManager
import com.atlassian.jira.portal.PortalPage.....

I am getting this error when i upload
Could not find a handler capable of installing the plugin at C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA 4.3.4\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\lib\groovy-all-1.7.10.jar. Check that the file is a valid plugin.

Please help

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2011

Undo everything you have done, then follow each instruction here carefully: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-Installation

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Okay I am also downloading from this link :http://www.jython.org/downloads.html

Python scripts

because i can t see Script Runner under 'Options and settings' neither Groovy!!!!!

It makes me mad it s been more than 5 hours and I am still stuck

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

I followed your steps I can only see below Options & settings:

There is no Groovy

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

You did not do something right. It's not that difficult if you approach it methodically. Anyway, good luck with python.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Jamie can you please paste me your skype id or yahoo or msn? I am just confused

If you say it is easy ..i followed step by step ,but no luck ,...I don t wish to use python )

let s stick into groovy , i need your help !

1 vote
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Samir - I followed the steps as Jamie provide and it works for me.

Are you sure you install Groovy executable and THEN put the jar in the web-inf/lib directory? You shoudl also restart JIRA while you are at it after both steps.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

You only need to restart once. Put both jars, ie groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar and groovy-all-N.N.N.jar in web-inf/lib. And make sure they are not in <jirahome>/plugins/installed-plugins.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Hi all ..

I think i didn t copy groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar

I have downloaded groovy-all-1.7.10.jar

can you please give the link to download

groovy-runner-1.7.10.jar

Again I am very thankfull

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

I had already given it, or you could have found it with about 20 seconds internet research, but here it is again. https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner. Top of the page. Note that Eva's link is actually the source jar.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Thanks Jamie I will mark as answered asap, i am currently in my house ..it s 10 pm in Lebanon

I will try it on my personal machine !

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

you think i didn t check your link before?

Man i did and i also went to this page:http://groovy.codehaus.org/Download

can t you simply send me direct 2 links for the 2 files

link1 for :groovy-runner-1.7.10.jar

link 2 for :groovy-all-1.7.10.jar

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar and groovy-all-N.N.N.jar

where can i find them?

Is there any Hero can help me?????

i need link1 to download groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar

link2 : groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

OK here they are:

https://plugins.atlassian.com/server/1.0/download/pluginVersion/424566

From this one extract the groovy_all_...jar from the /embeddable directory and put it in web-inf/lib.

http://dist.groovy.codehaus.org/distributions/groovy-binary-1.8.1.zip

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

I extracted groovyrunner-1.7.9-src.zip that you give me there is no Jar files

groovy-runner-N.N.N.jar and groovy-all-N.N.N.jar not there.

tell me what should i do step by step

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Correct link for groovyrunner

Honestly though, the installation is written on Jamie's website. I pretty much follow it when I was installing it last week. Once you put those jar in the web-inf and restart, it shoudl work magic.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Hi all i am getting this error

after following your steps

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

HTTP Status 404 -

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2011

Eva one last time from your valuable time

can you please send me the files to my hotmail

green_hawk_lb@hotmail.com

I unable to locate in the url the jar files

so i can add to web-inf\lib

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events