How to effectively control task creation on a shared board?

Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair November 26, 2019

I need a way of keeping an eye on all the tasks created on our shared board. When one is raised it just gets put into the long list and it is difficult to then assign or prioritize. 

If we create a separate workforce board for tasks to be raised how are we able to control this and then place them into the shared board without Jira sending out email notifications?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2019

Hello @Johnathan Garrett-Sinclair

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Per your description, it seems that you are looking for a way to easily see and identify new tasks created in your site since currently they are added to a long backlog list in your board that makes it hard to identify and prioritize. Is that correct?

Can you please let us know if you are using a classic or next-gen project?

If you are a Classic project, I can think of two possible ways to better organize and see the newly created tasks:

1 - Order your board to display tasks based on the creation date, so the newly created tasks would be displayed at the top of your board backlog list. You can do it by navigating yo your Board > Board settings > Edit filter query > Add the following parameter at the end of your filter:

ORDER BY Created

2 - Create a new board and restrict it to display tasks created in a time frame, so you could restrict this board to display only issues created one, two, or three days ago, not getting it mixed with other backlog tasks and easily identifying them.  You can do it by navigating yo your Board > Board settings > Edit filter query > Add the following parameter at the end of your filter, changing the number for the previous days you want it to return:

Created >= -3d

About JIRA Notifications, I believe that none of the actions above should trigger any of them, however, if you are going to assign the tasks or perform any other actions, I suggest you check which users are added in your notification scheme under project settings > "Notifications" and configure it as you want.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer