How to edit the fields that show up in the sidebar edit panel

Colin Fischer February 5, 2018

If I am in one of my boards and I click on a task a sidebar edit panel comes up on the right hand side with a subsection of the tasks properties that you can quickly edit. However we don't have priority in here and I would like it but for the life of me I can't figure out what that panel is referred to or how to edit what gets displayed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 answers

2 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2018

Dear @Colin Fischer,

go to the agile boards configuration. There is a tab (Issue Detail View) where you can select by drag and drop which fields to display. Even the order can be set.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Dear @Colin Fischer,

did you where successful?

So long

Thomas

Like Becky Moshenek likes this
Anton Kan September 12, 2018

I don't have "Issue Detail View" tab in my board configuration. How can I bring it back?

Like Dinesh Nagar likes this
Marcus Mattsson October 3, 2018

I have the same issue, the "Issue Details View" option in the board configuration was removed with the new Jira design overhaul.

DSell February 12, 2021

Hello @Thomas Deiler , Can the issue layout be set globally or as a default going forward with new jira projects?

Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2021

Dear @DSell ,

probably this link can help.

So long

Thomas

0 votes
guismb July 19, 2019

It's now called "Issue Layout" and you can have different layouts for different Issue Types. That is for the Right Panel in the Issue View Page. For the right panel in the "backlog" view, under board settings you still have the Issue Detail View option.

brooke February 20, 2020

I have 2 issue screen schemes set up--default and defect. But the side panels in both the backlog and the active sprint only use the default scheme, so the issues that use the defect scheme don't display the custom fields in the sidebars.

0 votes
hanan rokach November 12, 2018

+1, "Issue Details View" removed

Janet October 6, 2022

It is under Board, Configure,  Issue Detail View

Dinesh Nagar March 7, 2023

I do not see it in the Board Configure screen. I only see this:

image.png

Suggest an answer