Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to edit the fields that show up in the sidebar edit panel

If I am in one of my boards and I click on a task a sidebar edit panel comes up on the right hand side with a subsection of the tasks properties that you can quickly edit. However we don't have priority in here and I would like it but for the life of me I can't figure out what that panel is referred to or how to edit what gets displayed on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 answers

Dear @Colin Fischer,

go to the agile boards configuration. There is a tab (Issue Detail View) where you can select by drag and drop which fields to display. Even the order can be set.

So long

Thomas

Thomas Deiler Community Leader Feb 08, 2018

Dear @Colin Fischer,

did you where successful?

So long

Thomas

Like Becky Moshenek likes this

I don't have "Issue Detail View" tab in my board configuration. How can I bring it back?

I have the same issue, the "Issue Details View" option in the board configuration was removed with the new Jira design overhaul.

Hello @Thomas Deiler , Can the issue layout be set globally or as a default going forward with new jira projects?

Thomas Deiler Community Leader Apr 10, 2021

Dear @DSell ,

probably this link can help.

So long

Thomas

It's now called "Issue Layout" and you can have different layouts for different Issue Types. That is for the Right Panel in the Issue View Page. For the right panel in the "backlog" view, under board settings you still have the Issue Detail View option.

I have 2 issue screen schemes set up--default and defect. But the side panels in both the backlog and the active sprint only use the default scheme, so the issues that use the defect scheme don't display the custom fields in the sidebars.

+1, "Issue Details View" removed

It is under Board, Configure,  Issue Detail View

Suggest an answer