How to edit or rename an epic link

Ore Akindele January 24, 2019

Hi, 

On the issue screen there is an epic Link  I want to edit the name of the epic Link not the epic name, just the epic Link. 

Is this possible, if so please how do I go about doing it? 

Kind regards, 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Epic link just fetches the epic name of the connected epic. Thus, if you have the Epic link field on the "edit screen" of the issue then you can connect the story to another epic and hence update the epic link to point to the new epic.

But, you can't technically edit the epic link as it's always the epic name of the connected epic.

Thanks. I found a way around it. I had to first clear the E

Thanks Tarun, I found a way around it. First I had to remove the Epic Link on the issue. Then bulk edit and change the  Epic Name (eventually)  which formed the new Epic Link. which formed the Epic Link that I wanted. 

Best, 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2019

Glad to know @Ore Akindele that it's fixed, if you feel that my answer helped you then please accept/upvote so that other users are also helped.

Soraya Grippi July 31, 2020

I can't find this edit mode on the Epic page, can someone help me? I just found the "configure" button but it takes me to the ISSUES CONFIGURATION like global, I don't want it! I just want to edit that issue (the EPIC NAME/LINK) specifically. Thank you!

---

!UPDATE!

I got it!

1) You have to go to your backlog screen

2) Click on the EPICS tab (it's shown in vertical mode, you have to turn your head to see it lol)

3) Find your epic & click on it

4) Edit the name straight on that screen

5) It will update only the Link/Epic Name field - the Summary remains the same.

Like # people like this
Niroj Sapkota
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 27, 2021

Perfect. :)

Hantz Fevry September 18, 2022

Thanks Soraya! 

Hantz Fevry September 18, 2022

@Soraya Grippi Thanks!

2 votes
Jocelyn Lin April 8, 2019

@Ore Akindele Can you go into a little more detail about how you bulk-edited the epic link and changed its name?

Yes, please @Ore Akindele 

Suggest an answer