How to edit multiple filters to change a JQL value?

Hello,

Suppose I have a user who has 150 filters. Some os these filters (I do not know how many) are using a custom field "Address", but we need to change the CF string to "Local Address".

We know that some user's filters will became broken because it use string instead of cf[12345]

Is there some addon to change multiple filters at once ?

Should be possible to change these filters in Database ?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, Flavio.

If I'm not mistaken, database manipulation is the only way.

You can change the 'searchrequest' table for that. Using some operation for replacing is useful. For example, if you're using postgres, something like this should work (check it before using):

update searchrequest set reqcontent = replace(reqcontent, 'Address', 'Local Address');

Or even better:

update searchrequest set reqcontent = replace(reqcontent, 'Address', 'cf[12345]');

To avoid having to do this in the future. Other databases will probably use different 'replace' operations.

Be careful though!

  1. If you have other custom fields with 'Address' in their names, this may break filters using them
  2. Back up your database first! You may break something
  3. Test it first. I didn't test those updated, not sure if I didn't make a mistake. Restore your backup somewhere else and test it there

I hope this was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Hi, Jaime. i made some updates in 'searchrequest' table and the changes are not working in my filters. The customfield was updated in Database but when i open my saved filter, the old option are still there. I tried restart JIRA but did not work Is there other step or suggestion to execute? Thank you

Any ideas on this? @flavio beck were you able to solve this? i'm running into the same issue. Made changes in the Database (searchrequest table, reqcontent field) nothing changes in my filters in JIRA... 

Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, it do worked for me, but for some reason the searchresults may have some cache in mamory, and after change table entries it is not applied on JIRA application.

You need to restart.

Or, In my case I planned to do it in a maintenance window, so I only changed the database, but do not restart.

Mysteriously, in the next day morning (without any restart) the changes in DB was applied.

Maybe JIRA had cleared cache ..

 

BR

Flavio

 

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

For me it worked after a stop / start of JIRA, the new JQL was active in the filters.

I needed to do a restart, an reindex did not work, so no clue what happend overnight in your case, maybe so cache or indexfiles that were cleared.

Gr, Joost

Is there any way to avoid the restart?

 

Thanks

-Maggie

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

536 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you