How to do a triple Nested query using issueFunctionOf?

enricop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

Hi everyone i'm experiencing some trouble doing a jql query that i really need of:

this is the starting query:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issuetype = Q-Job and status not in (DONE, Cancelled) AND assignee != sebastian AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Q-Checklist AND assignee != sebastian")') AND issuetype = Q-CheckList AND status not in (PASS, CANCELLED) AND assignee != sebastian  AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Q-Test AND assignee = sebastian AND status not in (DONE, 'O/S')")

but i need to close everythin inside another issueFunction like that:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf(\"issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issuetype = Q-Job and status not in (DONE, Cancelled) AND assignee != sebastian AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Q-Checklist AND assignee != sebastian")') AND issuetype = Q-CheckList AND status not in (PASS, CANCELLED) AND assignee != sebastian  AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuetype = Q-Test AND assignee = sebastian AND status not in (DONE, 'O/S')") AND issuetype = Q-Job\")

but for the first subquery i used the quotes (') mark and then for the second the double quotes(") what can i use for the third quesry?

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

Hello @enricop

Could you please share the exact business requirement and then we can may be comeup with a much simpler query which might not require so much nesting.

enricop
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2018

ok the structure is like this:

JOB is linked to Checklist

Checklist is linked to Test

I need to get the list of JOB that aren't assigned to me in which there are some Checklist that aren't assigned to me but linked to those checklist there is some Test that are assigned to me

the problem is that JOB and Test aren't Directly linked

and any way do you know if there is a correct syntax for a triple nested query?

Thank You

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

Hello @enricop

Please try this and replace the values as per your instance.

type="job" and assignee!=<username> and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("type = checklist and assignee != <username> and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('type=test and assignee=<username>')")

Iain Brown July 24, 2020

As an example of triple nested issuefuncion that worked for me, see the following sequence of " \" and ':
issueFunction in subtasksOf("(issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfAll(\"issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfAll('issuekey = XYZ-997','is parent task of')\")) AND issuetype not in (Epic)")

Like Dennis Bostrøm likes this

Suggest an answer