How to display list of customer organizations with total tickets submitted

Sean Smith November 9, 2020

Hello all,

I'm very new to Jira and I'm still trying to work out how to extract the information I need.

What I'm trying to ultimately do is create a list of our customers with what they pay for support and the number of tickets they've submitted. I've figured out the first part, it's getting the total number of tickets submitted as a list with out having to go into each customer organization and manually transcribe the numbers into a spread sheet.

I'm sure Jira has the capability to do this just not sure how to get it to do this

Thanks

Sean 

1 answer

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Hello Sean,

There are a couple of ways to do this. Are all of the tickets actually tagged with the organization? If so, it's easy to search by just performing the following JQL:

Organizations = test

Otherwise, if you want any ticket logged by a member of an organization, you can perform the JQL

reporter in organizationMembers("test")

Let me know if those work for you!

Thanks,

Kian

Thanks Kian,

Didn't result in what I'm hoping to do. the end result I'm trying to achieve is:

Organization | Status | Amount $ | Renewal Due | Total Tickets

Company 1  |  Support Active| $$$$$$ | 01/01/2021 | ####

Company 2  |  Support Active| $$$$$$ | 01/01/2021 | ####

Sean 

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

Sean,

What I provided was a method of querying the tickets which belong to an organization. It seems like you're looking for something Jira cannot provide out of the box.

While Jira can roll up certain pieces of information, the amount of money spent and the total number of tickets is not going to be among them. You might want to check out the marketplace to see if there are some add ons which could help.

Thanks,

Kian

Thank you Kian,

I'm able to extract the amount paid and the expiry date etc. It's the number of tickets per organization. I'll check the market place and see what is out there.

Worse comes to worse I'll manually get the number of tickets per organization and add them to a spread sheet export of the rest of the data.

Thanks again for your time. 

Sean

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events