How to display links as strings across swim lanes in a Plan (Advanced Roadmaps)?

Steve_G May 15, 2024

When displaying linked issues as strings on a Plan, the strings only appear within a swim lane. If linked issues exist in different swim lanes, the link only appears as a badge.

How might I display these cross-swim lane links as strings?

2 answers

0 votes
Steve_G May 15, 2024

Thanks @Dave Rosenlund for your quick response -

I am using the timeline view and have configured the plan to show dependencies as Lines. It is currently displaying lines between linked issues within the same swim lane. The problem is that only badges appear for linked issues in different swim lanes.

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi, @Steve_G. You'll want to use the timeline view of your Plan and configure it to show dependencies.

I hope this helps,

-dave

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi, @Steve_G. I guess I'm confused — not hard to do 😉

Can you share a screen shot, please.

Steve_G May 15, 2024

Jira Linked Issues on Plan.jpg

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 15, 2024

Okay. I'm with you now, @Steve_G.

I am not a Plan expert by any means, but I'm (educated) guessing that in order to achieve your goal, you'll need to create a new plan that includes all of the issues you care about in a single "swimlane" as you call it.

I'm using quotes and 'as you call it,' because AFAIK the Plan feature doesn't use that terminology. But like I said, I am not an expert in that feature.

Steve_G May 16, 2024

Thanks @Dave Rosenlund 

By "swimlane" I'm referring to the 'Group By' setting.

Unfortunately, creating a new plan without the 'Group By' setting defeats my purpose as the use case requires the ability to see dependencies (linked issues) across different groupings (i.e. Teams, Projects, Components, etc.)

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 16, 2024

In that case, I'm afraid you'll have to file an enhancement request as it is clearly not possible to do what you describe if you must keep things grouped as you describe.

In the meantime, you may want to consider using an Atlassian Marketplace product that can do this for you today.

Sorry.

-dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events