You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I want to display the epic link in subtasks. I saw an interesting topic about this, but I couldn't get it working. (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Display-Epic-Link-on-a-subtask/qaq-p/1470212)
What I wanted to do:
What I did and didn't work:
1. create a new text field 'parent epic name' ) to Story and Sub-Task screens
2. add an automation for when an issue is edited, the issue field parent epic name will be copied from the parent issue, field epic link. --- I cannot choose the epic link field to get the copy (see print screen)
Could you help me out what goes wrong? Or is there another workaround to show the epic link in a subtask?
Thanks a lot!
Add a new rule for the epic task: copy the epic name to the field Parent Epic Name.
1. When creating an epic (or editing) epic name copied to the field Parent Epic Name.
2. When creating a task, it should copy the Parent Epic Name from the epic.
3. Creating a subtask should copy the Parent Epic Name from the parent task.