How to display empty fields for modification in a ticket modification screen ?

Emmanuel GENDROT February 18, 2019

I configured a screen for ticket creation and ticket modification with several tabs and several custom fields per tab.

I attached it to a ticket type though a screen scheme.

When I create a ticket, I see all tabs and all fields.

When I then open a ticket for modification, I don't see nor the empty custom fields, neither the tabs if all fields are empty in the tab. To modify the fields that are not displayed, I have to click "Administration/Ajouter un champ" (="Administration/Add a field") and add a value, field by field. And indeed, the field and eventuyelly the tab appear in the modification screen AFTER modification.

This means my users won't be able to modify the ticket, unless they know by heart the fields they have to modify, and to it field by field.

Is there a mean for always displaying any ticket custom field even if empty ?

Note  : I am not using the new mode for displaying  tickets

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2019

Hello,

Custom fields are not visible on the view issue screen, if they do not have a value. Your users must use the Edit button, to edit an issue.

Tim November 13, 2019

Why not?  I have a screen with a few To Do list Checkboxes.  It would be nice to see all items checked or not, as opposed to those that are done in the view mode.  Editing the issue to see what's outstanding seems counter intuitive, especially for those simply "watching" an issue.

Like Nadav Peer likes this

Suggest an answer