• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to display assignee of linked issue in issue list view

Hi,

I have created a filter which displays issues in a list format which fits the criteria of the filter. One of the columns to be displayed is the linked issues. There is a request to display the assignee of the linked issues as well, but I couldn't find how to. It's not listed in the columns I could display.

I also tried to display the assignee in the linked issue column as an issue could have multiple linked issues. 

I was wondering how to change the issue list view so I could display the assignee of a linked issue? It could be in the new column or within the Links column. Below is the screenshot of the page:

Sample_issue_view.JPG

Thanks!

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Jason Yeung you are not able to do it by default. First reason is that Links field can contain more links.

I remember, I implemented scripted field (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.20.0/jira/scripted-fields.html) to get similar behaviour, but you would need to install and use ScriptRunner App.

I add my vote to @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

as i can see from your case you have one-to-one link relation. scripted field will be useful for your case

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ ,

Thanks for your help and pointing me to the right direction with ScriptRunner. The scripted field was the way to go. 

I got some help from the following video on how to retrieve the linked issues. The person in the video uses ScriptRunner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhDpmSZTE8

Sincerely,

Jason

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you