How to display assignee of linked issue in issue list view

Jason Yeung March 17, 2021

Hi,

I have created a filter which displays issues in a list format which fits the criteria of the filter. One of the columns to be displayed is the linked issues. There is a request to display the assignee of the linked issues as well, but I couldn't find how to. It's not listed in the columns I could display.

I also tried to display the assignee in the linked issue column as an issue could have multiple linked issues. 

I was wondering how to change the issue list view so I could display the assignee of a linked issue? It could be in the new column or within the Links column. Below is the screenshot of the page:

Sample_issue_view.JPG

Thanks!

Jason

1 answer

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi @Jason Yeung you are not able to do it by default. First reason is that Links field can contain more links.

I remember, I implemented scripted field (https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/6.20.0/jira/scripted-fields.html) to get similar behaviour, but you would need to install and use ScriptRunner App.

Mohamed Adel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2021

I add my vote to @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

as i can see from your case you have one-to-one link relation. scripted field will be useful for your case

Jason Yeung March 17, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ ,

Thanks for your help and pointing me to the right direction with ScriptRunner. The scripted field was the way to go. 

I got some help from the following video on how to retrieve the linked issues. The person in the video uses ScriptRunner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhDpmSZTE8

Sincerely,

Jason

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events