How to display a frontend notification to the user from a plugin event listener?

Thomas Gauges September 15, 2020

I'm developing a plugin which listens to issue (worklog) events and has a status ("success", "info", "error") after its handling of the event. I want this status to be communicated to the user as simply as possible (no email).

My first idea was extending the worklog form with a (hidden) field and/or validator, which is not possible according to my research.

The next idea was to find a way to stop the work from being logged when the status is "error". This is also not possible according to my research.

Now I'm looking into ways to just inform the user of the status so they can at least take the necessary steps themselves.

The perfect solution would be a way to trigger the AUI flag in Jira from the event listener. Is there a way to do that?

Screenshot from 2020-09-15 17-19-56.png

Are there other solutions to achieve something similar or any of the above?

My (ugly) work-around would be to listen for the (hopefully existant) approriate event in the browser JavaScript, somehow get the worklog identification, send that to a custom webwork via ajax and get the status back. Then I'm able to trigger a AUI flag in my own JavaScript.

Thank You for your time.

1 answer

0 votes
Oren Zehavi August 10, 2022

Did you figure it out? I need this as well. 

Thomas Gauges August 10, 2022

Sadly I did not. I didn't even do the JavaScript workaround and just did not communicate the status to the user. This was not ideal, but acceptable for my use case.

Suggest an answer