How to display a field in the "Edit Issue" screen

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

Hi,

Currently the Affected Version is hidden when the user access the "Edit Issue" screen (of a story for example).

How do I add this field to the "Edit Issue" screen?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

Checkout http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen#DefiningaScreen-AddingaFieldtoScreen

If it is already there, make sure it is not hidden in the field configurations!

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

Which one is the "Edit Screen" ?

Thanks,

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

If you read the entire documentation above, you will find that as well. Also check http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+a+Screen+with+an+Issue+Operation

Graeme January 30, 2012

Did you figure this out, Janiv? I can't figure out from the documentation how to do this either. I want to be able to edit Reporter on the Edit Screen. Reporter is listed as a visible field on the Default Screen, so I'm not sure why it doesn't show when you edit an issue.

The documentation details a variety of things to create: Screens, screen themes, field configurations, etc., but it isn't clear (to me) the path of events to add a field to a screen. More help would be greatly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2012

The documentation does cover it, but it might not be clear that some fields have one extra control - Reporter, Assignee, Fix Version, due date and security level can only be amended by people who have the permissions to do it. You still need to put them on the screens, but they will be hidden by permissions if necessary (e.g. only people with "change reporter" permission will be offered the Reporter field on edit screens)

Graeme January 30, 2012

Thank you Nic. That was exactly the issue. It was nothing to do with editing screens at all, simply changing that permission for the appropriate groups/project roles. I only just realized just how many discrete permissions are listed. Thanks!

Suggest an answer