How to display a custom field in Issue screen under details section

Vishnu C December 4, 2019

I added one of the custom field while creating the issue "Automation Status". After creating the issue when you view the issue JIRA shows the browse issue screen where it has Details, People, Dates etc.

I need this "Automation Status" field to be shown in the Details section along with other fields. In the Field configuration scheme the field is configured to show in the Issue screen. Hide and Show works for JIRA custom fields in details section but not for the  custom fields.

Let me know the solution for this.

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

Custom fields have to have a value in order to be displayed on the screen. The only exception is for create and edit screens.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2019

That too :)

I have the value for that field as well

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

And the value on an issue that you are testing with is set to something different than the default None?

Vishnu C December 6, 2019

Yes it is set to one of the value.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2019

@Vishnu C , A few questions:

1. What type of field is this? Depending on the field, it will show up in a different location, date fields are in the date section, people fields are in the people section, etc...
  2. You also need to make the custom field is on the screen associated with the View screen. There are three: Create, Edit, View. 
  3. Maybe add a screenshot of the issue so we can see where the field is if its not in the correct place.

-pjd

@Peter DeWitt 

1. Single select field

2. It is part of the View screen

JIRAAS.jpgJIRAAS1.jpg

0 votes
Vishnu C December 6, 2019

Got that now. There are 2 different field configurations for Create and View Screen. After updating that it works now.

Suggest an answer