How to display 0 stats in widget "Issue Statistics"

Muhammad Ali Khamis (151949) September 20, 2017

I have added widget "Issue Statistics" to display number of test cases count by type. Statistics are showing perfectly except one thing. I need to display 0 stats against those test cases type which do not have any.

As you can see below, all test cases types. Except one which is Automation Cases. But we have not created any cases for that. So, how can I display Automation Cases Type also in the widget with count 0

JIRA.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

This isn't possible out of the box with JIRA. I don't know of any add-ons that do this, either. A gadget just takes the information from a filter and display what is contained in the filter - the gadget doesn't know to look for a value that isn't present in the JQL/filter.

If you're using an add-on for test management, I would check their documentation to see if there's another way to get this information.

Other than that, I believe you would need to rewrite the code for this gadget in order to display values that have zero issues with that value. I bet you could create a custom report using an add-on like PDF View Plugin, but it's only available on Server (not sure if you're on Cloud or Server).

Muhammad Ali Khamis (151949) September 20, 2017

Thanks Alex for your detailed answer. Let me tell you that I am using Cloud services. Further, I would like to know how can I customize this tool. Right now, I am not using any plugin. If there is any possibility regarding widget customization, please share with me. 

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

Customization in JIRA Cloud is pretty much limited to the add-ons you decide to install to extend/add functionality. Atlassian has ownership of being a system administrator and their servers, so you don't have the ability to really add your own code to any of their Cloud software. You would have more flexibility in extending JIRA with your own code if you had JIRA Server or Data Center.

As far as add-ons go, EazyBI is a pretty popular add-on. Just from a quick search on the marketplace, there might be a few add-ons that are worth looking at to fulfill your needs here (like JavaScript Charts from Atlassian Labs - I've never used this before, so I can't attest to it personally).

Muhammad Ali Khamis (151949) September 21, 2017

Thanks Alex!

Suggest an answer