How to disable to comments a Closed issue

Sergio October 12, 2020

How I can disable add comments on closed issue (with status DONE) on Jira cloud.

I'll try to add property field:

jira.permission.comment.user

jira.permission.edit.denied

jira.permission.comment.denied

jira.permission.comment

jira.issue.editable

With property values: denied, false, blanc value. But nothing worked.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2020

This should work for you. On the Done status, add the property  jira.permission.comment.user with the value denied. I just tested this in my cloud environment and it worked for me.

Sergio October 12, 2020

I'll try now:

image.pngand it's not working - I can add comment on issue. Maybe I need change other setting? 

Like Deleted user likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2020

Just to double-check some easily forgotten details... Did you put the property to a status instead of a transition? Could you please also confirm you published the workflow after changing it?

In community there are some reports that it is not working - as for Derek it apparently worked out fine, I'd not give up, yet.

Sergio October 25, 2020

Now it's work. Thanks! Early I'll try to add property to condition and I don't see that I can add it on status. Now after add this property on the status it's working.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Jaap van Driel August 12, 2021

I tried :

jira.permission.comment.user with the value denied

that worked for me, but I then emailed as a user (not agent) to comment in the ticket.

That created a new ticket for me, which is not I would like to see happening.

Is it possible to limit the comments permission to just users and force agent to use transition  of the ticket?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events