How to disable notifications for changes to certain fields?

Gustavo Narea September 11, 2013

Hello,

Is there any way to prevent JIRA from sending emails when a user changes the value of certain custom/system fields?

The research I've done on this suggests that I'd have to write some code to accomplish this, and it'd also have to deal with the actual sending of the email. I'm hoping this won't be necessary just to silence some changes.

TIA!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2013

No, there's nothing like that already built in and I'm not aware of any plugins that can do this.

However if you decide to write your own plugin, I don't think it's necessary to handle the sending of email by yourself. The easiest way I can think of is writing a listener for the Issue Updated event that checks the modified fields and if it's the case then triggers another event (let's say Issue Relevant Fields Updated) which in turn will send the mail. Of course, this means disabling notification for the Issue Updated event and moving them over to the Issue Relevant Fields Updated event.

Suggest an answer