How to disable SSO?

Juha Metsäkallas March 30, 2020

Hello!

When a customer arrives to help desk, they are presented with a dialog saying that the group uses single sign-on. Where has this come from? We haven't enabled any SSO. How I disable this? We want to go the old way by inviting customers from different companies to their specific help desks.2020-03-30 12_05_09-Clipboard.png

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2020

Go to admin.atlassian.com and your Organization page. Under Security, make sure that Single Signon isn't enabled. Is it possible that someone turned it on without your knowledge?

Juha Metsäkallas March 31, 2020

Thank you for your reply.

Eh, we are a small company with just two with admin rights and neither of us has switched any SSO on. I'm not sure, if I found the correct page:

2020-03-31 10_42_50-Window.png

My reading of that page is that we don't have SSO on?!!

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2020

Where does the SSO login link direct them? That would help track down where it is coming from. 

Juha Metsäkallas March 31, 2020

The "Login in with single sign-on" button leads to a general log in page

https://id.atlassian.com/login?application=ondemand&continue=

with a redirect address back to the same service desk.

We discovered some other mystic things with that customer and another customer within the same project. For instance they both were marked as users despite being invited only as customers. We have opened a ticket at Atlassian for further investigation.

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2020

Getting Atlassian involved is your best call. My guess is that there is a misconfiguration that only they can correct.

Ana-Maria Manea July 17, 2020

@Juha Metsäkallas Hi! I'm having the same issue! Can you please tell me how you've solved this?

Juha Metsäkallas August 18, 2020

Sorry for a delayed reply. We contacted the Atlassian support. It turned out that the customer has an Atlassian ID from another connection than by us. For us she is and should be just an invited customer. Somehow Jira messed up this and made the customer an Atlassian ID user for us. To fix this kind of situation you need to contact Atlassian.

Johnson Ip January 12, 2022

Is there any further development on this? We have a JSM set up where we need to interact with another organisation's help desk team. Since they had enabled Atlassian Access for their organisation, they can no longer interact with us using their team email address as the domain of their email address will cause that login to be redirected to their organisation's SSO page. Since that email address is not a "user" in their organisation it is causing us a lot of headaches having to manage users in their helpdesk team coming on and off. Is there a way to disable SSO for a site so that it revert back to the old user name and password way of logging on for everyone that is using our site?

Juha Metsäkallas January 13, 2022

@Johnson Ip, it has gone such a long time that I am sure what the solution was, but if I remember correctly it was possible to have a person with an existing Atlassian account as a customer at another service desk. This required involvement from the support personel of Atlassian.

Lucien Janssens August 11, 2022

I'm having a similar problem. We use several projects in Jira.  People with an agent role in one project can also be a customer in another (e.g. IT service desk)
How can I get rid of the SSO redirection when an "agent" tries to log in as an IT customer? 

Juha Metsäkallas November 1, 2022

See Derek's reply for checking whether SSO is enabled. Other than that there is little you can do, so contact Atlassian, they will fix it for you.

Suggest an answer