How to disable Jira admin login verification prompt

Heather Treski October 10, 2014

I'm a global admin for our JIRA instance. Whenever I go into the admin screens, I'm prompted to verify my credentials with pretty much every click of the mouse. It is such a nuisance to have to continuously re-enter my password when I'm trying to configure a new project's screens, workflows, etc. Is there any way to turn this validation off by user?

jira admin prompt.png

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2014

This feature is called ‘Web-Sudo’. This property can be disabled by adding an entry to the jira-config.properties file available in the <JIRA-Home> directory as follows:
Jira.websudo.is.disabled = true.

Alexander Pampushko July 3, 2016

file  jira-config.properties 

Location of JIRA Home/var/atlassian/application-data/jira

and warning This file may not exist if you are using a new installation or an upgraded installation where your previous JIRA application versions had never been customized. If this file does not exist, create it using a text editor.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-edit-the-jira-config-properties-file-317194938.html 

Like Randall Ellefsen likes this
Meierijstad August 6, 2019

jira.websudo.is.disabled = true it wasn't working with a capital J(ira...)

Like TEAM System likes this
3 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2014

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions but you might want to consider bumping up the interval instead.... I've found it quite handy as a "are you sure?" warning...

0 votes
Heather Treski October 20, 2014

Thank you for the responses! I will try them out!

Suggest an answer