How to disable Jira admin login verification prompt

I'm a global admin for our JIRA instance. Whenever I go into the admin screens, I'm prompted to verify my credentials with pretty much every click of the mouse. It is such a nuisance to have to continuously re-enter my password when I'm trying to configure a new project's screens, workflows, etc. Is there any way to turn this validation off by user?

jira admin prompt.png

3 answers

1 accepted

This feature is called ‘Web-Sudo’. This property can be disabled by adding an entry to the jira-config.properties file available in the <JIRA-Home> directory as follows:
Jira.websudo.is.disabled = true.

file  jira-config.properties 

Location of JIRA Home/var/atlassian/application-data/jira

and warning This file may not exist if you are using a new installation or an upgraded installation where your previous JIRA application versions had never been customized. If this file does not exist, create it using a text editor.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-edit-the-jira-config-properties-file-317194938.html 

3 votes
Daniel Wester Community Champion Oct 10, 2014

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Secure+Administrator+Sessions but you might want to consider bumping up the interval instead.... I've found it quite handy as a "are you sure?" warning...

Thank you for the responses! I will try them out!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

596 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you