How to disable Jira Labs for new users by default?

Harry Horses October 9, 2018

When adding new uers, how can I disable Jira Labs by default? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hello again, Harry.

No workarounds available for this one so far. The following ticket addresses the need to have the feature to disable it globally:

I can create a separate ticket to address your specific concern of having this disabled by default during user creation if you prefer. Let me know what your preference is. Else, I will include this question as an internal reference for the development team to highlight the need of having it.

Harry Horses October 10, 2018

Dear Ahmad Danial,

It would be great if you would report this. Thank you.

Harry

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

Hi, Harry.

No worries. I went ahead and created the Suggestion for you. 

Meanwhile, may I know the context behind having this feature? Do you have any specific reason as to why you would like to have the JIRA Labs feature disabled for new users automatically? 

Harry Horses October 11, 2018

Yes, I do. It seems to me that the new labs feature has less options available than the older version. I might not see everything correctly, but the old view shows much more information to me about issues.

Like Dennis Arndt likes this
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2018

Hey there, Harry.

Thanks for sharing. I have included your thoughts about the issue in the ticket for reference purposes. Rest assured the development team is constantly evolving the new issue look for improvement as mentioned in the The new Jira issue view, so all feedbacks are welcomed. 

Schumacher January 22, 2019

A new option such as labs that changes the "usual" view of the issues and tries to keep it clean should not be pushed the way it does, should be the other way around: Shows the regular one and invites users who wants to try something different.

Like # people like this
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
January 22, 2019

Hi, @Schumacher

In my opinion, what you said makes sense. New features in general will impact the way some of us work. It would be best to introduce it to users who are interested first rather than pushing it directly since not everyone would be keen to it. Please share your feedback in the ticket so the team will can gather more feedbacks. If you prefer, I can also include it as an internal comment. 

Let me know if that works for you.

Like Schumacher likes this
Dennis Arndt February 6, 2019

The other issue is that the new features break some of the jira plugins 

Deleted user February 20, 2019

JIRA labs has far less functionality than traditional. +1 for ability to globally disable.

Like # people like this
Alberto Garcia Blazquez May 24, 2019

Good Morning, We know something about how to disable jira labs by default. The experience is very bad. Grouping all the fields on the right side is horrible. also some plugins are not seen correctly, it seems incredible that this enabled by default for new users.

Like # people like this
Claes Lindblom November 5, 2019

Please add support to disable JIRA labs globally. Makes no sense to have Beta functionality that is not finished as default.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer