How to differentiate between material & non-material Release in JIRA??

Upasana Das April 23, 2021

I need to search for all material Releases for a particular fix version..

issuetype = Release and fixVersion in (CFM-CSMR.21.04) and ('PPRT Project ID' is not EMPTy OR 'PPRT Project ID' is not NULL)

As material release has material tab, where we have "PPRT project id" field- i m searching for non- empty pprt releases..But somehow JIRA is having some junk data as "123456" for some non-material  releases as well, so those are returned as well with my query..

I need to somehow differentiate material releases from non-material ones..

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

So there are two things here:

1. What, exactly, is the rule that distinguishes whether an issue is material or not-material from the data on the issue?
  2. Who is adding the "junk data" to Jira and why?
Upasana Das April 23, 2021

for #1- i found the answer- "Tech Change for Material Project?" = Yes; for material release

#2- i mentioned junk data, because i dont know why that data is there..not sure if anyone using that data purposfully..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2021

Ok, so assuming "tech change for material project" is a custom field, add it to your search.  For example: issuetype = Release and fixVersion in (CFM-CSMR.21.04) and ('PPRT Project ID' is not EMPTy OR 'PPRT Project ID' is not NULL) and "tech change for material project" = yes

There's probably a reason why someone put your junk data on the issue.  Have a look at the issue history to see who did it and then ask them why they did it.

Suggest an answer