We are new to Jira, and in practice we are stuck with the following problems
We develop SaaS on several platforms
Android (second specially app)
The fact is that we want the backend to be ahead of other platforms and, in fact, be independent, since other platforms depend on it.
We created a Story and created Sub-tasks for them, for specific platforms, something like this looks like this
As a user, I want to manage customers
- Create customers endpoints (Backend)
- Create customers page (Frontend)
- New customer modal (Frontend)
- Edit customer modal (Frontend)
As a customer, I want to login in application
- Create login endpoint (Backend)
- Create login screen (Android)
- Create login screen (iOS)
We faced the following problems:
1. With such a scheme, the backend will not be able to overtake the other platforms, since if we drag all the Stories that the backend will be able to execute, but Android, iOS will not, since these Stories were not included in their sprint. For example, at the start of the sprint, iOS took Login Story, and the backend took Profile, while all other Profile tasks for iOS would also be placed in Sprint, and Login Story, in theory, should already be ready for the start of the sprint so that iOS would not pause.
2. Android and Frontend join development later, Android for example towards the end of iOS development.
Can you tell us how to organize such development and are there any illustrative examples in Jira?
Hi @Lasha Valishvili ,
If I understood correctly, I wonder if it would be easier to use stories for all of these (instead of subtasks), and link them to epics. E.g., the 'create login endpoint(Backend)', create login screen(Android)' and create login screen(iOS)' would be stories with the parent Epic 'login'. You could also assign the components 'Backend', 'Android' and 'iOS' respectively.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events