Lasha Valishvili July 1, 2021

We are new to Jira, and in practice we are stuck with the following problems

We develop SaaS on several platforms
Backend
Frontend
iOS
Android
Android (second specially app)

The fact is that we want the backend to be ahead of other platforms and, in fact, be independent, since other platforms depend on it.

We created a Story and created Sub-tasks for them, for specific platforms, something like this looks like this

As a user, I want to manage customers
- Create customers endpoints (Backend)
- Create customers page (Frontend)
- New customer modal (Frontend)
- Edit customer modal (Frontend)

As a customer, I want to login in application
- Create login endpoint (Backend)
- Create login screen (Android)
- Create login screen (iOS)

We faced the following problems:
1. With such a scheme, the backend will not be able to overtake the other platforms, since if we drag all the Stories that the backend will be able to execute, but Android, iOS will not, since these Stories were not included in their sprint. For example, at the start of the sprint, iOS took Login Story, and the backend took Profile, while all other Profile tasks for iOS would also be placed in Sprint, and Login Story, in theory, should already be ready for the start of the sprint so that iOS would not pause.
2. Android and Frontend join development later, Android for example towards the end of iOS development.

Can you tell us how to organize such development and are there any illustrative examples in Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Lasha Valishvili ,

If I understood correctly, I wonder if it would be easier to use stories for all of these (instead of subtasks), and link them to epics. E.g., the 'create login endpoint(Backend)', create login screen(Android)' and create login screen(iOS)' would be stories with the parent Epic 'login'. You could also assign the components 'Backend', 'Android' and 'iOS' respectively.

Suggest an answer