How to delete user who never logged in ( JIRA Cloud)?

Engin Basarslan January 23, 2019

I colud not delete a user which never logged in Jira cloud. How can I do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

Hi @Engin Basarslan,

Are you the site-admin for the Jira Cloud instance? If not you'll need to contact the person in that role. If you are, however, you'll want to go into "Site Administration" from the pop-up menu in the bottom left corner, select "Users," and click on the user name to open it up.

From there you'll see a menu item in the top right to "Deactivate" the user. You could click the drop-down arrow next to Deactivate and select "Delete," but I don't recommend it even if the user had never logged in. You should instead Deactivate the user. That will remove it from the license count and prevent possible ramifications from a deleted user id. Anything that user "owns" like filters or boards, or is assigned to, like stories and tasks, could run into accessibility issues once the user is delete. 

You should only delete the user if you are absolutely sure it was never assigned to anything or had anything created for them.

Hope this helps,

-Scott

Engin Basarslan January 23, 2019

Thank You @Scott Theus. This is the solution!

-Engin

Suggest an answer