It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to delete inactive workflows in jira cloud

I want to delete workflow scrap data from jira cloud using groovy script with the help of rest api

Could anyone help me with api

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 11, 2019

Hi Prashant,

I see that you are looking to be able to delete inactive workflows using the REST API.  To the best of my knowledge today, there is no Jira Cloud REST API that does exactly that.  There is an existing feature request for this over in JRACLOUD-41356 - Deleting workflows through REST API.

While there are endpoints for deleting workflow schemes, such as DELETE /rest/api/2/workflowscheme/{id}, this is only for managing the schemes, and won't delete the unused workflows themselves from Jira.  Sorry there is not a REST API solution available at this time.  I would recommend watching and voting on that request.  Should another work-around become available or if this feature is added to a future revision, that issue will be updated to reflect this.

That said, I came across a Scriptrunner solution that appears to be able to do this with a script, but this is not technically the REST API. Please see Petter's response on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Is-there-a-way-to-bulk-delete-the-inactive-workflows/qaq-p/930471/comment-id/298513#M298513

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you