How to delete inactive workflows in jira cloud

Prashant Mali
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

I want to delete workflow scrap data from jira cloud using groovy script with the help of rest api

Could anyone help me with api

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Hi Prashant,

I see that you are looking to be able to delete inactive workflows using the REST API.  To the best of my knowledge today, there is no Jira Cloud REST API that does exactly that.  There is an existing feature request for this over in JRACLOUD-41356 - Deleting workflows through REST API.

While there are endpoints for deleting workflow schemes, such as DELETE /rest/api/2/workflowscheme/{id}, this is only for managing the schemes, and won't delete the unused workflows themselves from Jira.  Sorry there is not a REST API solution available at this time.  I would recommend watching and voting on that request.  Should another work-around become available or if this feature is added to a future revision, that issue will be updated to reflect this.

That said, I came across a Scriptrunner solution that appears to be able to do this with a script, but this is not technically the REST API. Please see Petter's response on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Re-Is-there-a-way-to-bulk-delete-the-inactive-workflows/qaq-p/930471/comment-id/298513#M298513

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer