How to delete a user directly form the DB ( My Sql )

Hapantantrig Perera October 7, 2014

2 answers

0 votes
Hapantantrig Perera October 7, 2014

Is there anyway to deactivate the user directly in the MySQL DB?

We can't come via the UI as we are facing following two

1) We have reached the maximum number of users

2) Suspect that there is a damage "JIRA Users" group as we can't login to JIRA web page. Our LDAP sees that users are getting authenticated..

We need to deactivate one user, and then create a local account  directly in the DB

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

I would ask Atlassian Support in this case. I don't know what happens if you update the "active" field in CWD_USER table.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

Your approach won't work. Even if you deactivate the user, it will still appear in Jira as deactivated, and it will hide the internal user. If you move the internal directory above the LDAP directory and then create the user in there, that one will hide the LDAP user. However, that leads me to another question - why? Why do you think you need to add a copy of a user? More specifically, there's not really enough description of the *actual* problem here. You say you're over your user limit - that's fine, an admin can still log in an deactivate as many users as you need to get down below the limit. I'm not sure how you'd "damage" a group, in a way that would stop admins logging in.

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2014

I don't recommmend to delete a user, better deactivate him.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Deactivatingauser

Suggest an answer