How to delete a phantom sprint?

John Mellor February 12, 2014

I have just upgraded Jira Agile from 5.0.0 to 6.1.6, and then gone through all of the Plan buttons on all of the projects to force a migration to the new sprint implementation. However, I am still getting the reminder that not all sprints have been migrated.

When I dump out the sprint migration db entry, I see:

mysql> SELECT * FROM AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW WHERE sprint_markers_migrated is null;

+---------------------+----+----------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+-------------------+-------------------------+

| CARD_COLOR_STRATEGY | ID | NAME | OWNER_USER_NAME | SAVED_FILTER_ID | SPRINTS_ENABLED | SWIMLANE_STRATEGY | SPRINT_MARKERS_MIGRATED |

+---------------------+----+----------------------+---------------------------------------+-----------------+-----------------+-------------------+-------------------------+

| issuetype | 1 | Test Board | max.mikhailov@uxpsystems.com | 10400 | 1 | custom | NULL |

| issuetype | 40 | Mint 3.1 | klaus.kesseler@uxpsystems.com | 11228 | 0 | custom | NULL |

| issuetype | 60 | Build and Production | mohammad.nejad-sattary@uxpsystems.com| 12006 | 0 | custom | NULL |

3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The last 2 are not Scrum propjects, and therefore should be ignored. But I am unaware of the "Test Board" that needs to be migrated. It does not exist anywhere that I can find it. It is also owned by a guy who left years ago.

This may be an artifact from some ancient bad migration, or a db corruption or something else equally bizarre. The integrity-checker sanity check says that everything is ok, but I still have this phantom board.

How do I clean this up?

3 answers

2 votes
Corey Scott August 31, 2015

I added a test ticket to that sprint and then it showed up on the "Active sprints" screen.  I was then able to "Complete Sprint" to get rid of it

Hendy Irawan September 6, 2018

THANK YOU!

It triggered my OCD and drove me mad... Your solution is genius!

0 votes
Jerry Brennock June 25, 2014

Dang, was hoping to find an answer here... The phantom sprints prevent "remove from sprint" function from being effective.

0 votes
Bret Esquivel March 3, 2014

Same concern here. I must have had a sprint on a board that was deleted, and now the sprint remains.

Suggest an answer