How to define a status in custom script field

Andrei Lavrinovich December 25, 2019

Hi everyone,

i want to calculate age of issue and have script like that:

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()

if (issue.status.name == "RESOLVED" && "FAILED" && "CLOSED"){
return (issue.getResolutionDate() - issue.created)*24*60*60
} else {
return (new Date()- issue.created)*24*60*60
}

it calculate great age of opened issue, but i can't calculate age of closed issue, i mean how long was this issue active.

btw. i have 3 fields with Date: Created, Updatet and Resolved. Updated - Created works, Resolved - created not.

I try to define issue status in order for the script to understand in which case to calculate and than date of resolved issue subtract from issue created. 

How can i define my status and issue.resolved than subtract it? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 25, 2019

Hi @Andrei Lavrinovich 

We need some clarification.

First of all, the code snippet has some mistakes.

1. issue's status cannot be RESOLVED, FAILED and CLOSED at the same time, so you should change that as below

if (["RESOLVED", "FAILED", "CLOSED"].contains(issue.status.name){
}

However, as far as I see, you want to get resolution date if the issue was resolved. So, code below returns time passed till resolution field was changed.

if (null != issue.resolution) {
}

2. The next problem is to get the closed date. As far as I understand you want to calculate time between created till the issue's status changes as CLOSED. Unfortunately, Jira does not give that value out-of-the-box. You have to find it programatically or you need to use an app.

Below code gives you the date that issue was closed.

def changeHistoryManager = componentManager.getChangeHistoryManager()
def closedDate = changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "status").find{it.equals("CLOSED")}?.created

On the other hand, you can also use an app to get those values without bothering with scripts.

Enhancer Plugin has Time Between custom field, in which you can easily find time passed between any statuses or events. Please note that, I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes, and there might be other solutions on Atlassian Marketplace as well.

I hope I was helpful.

Please let me know if I could not understand your question clearly.

Tuncay

Suggest an answer