How to customize user story naming format?

Kiran December 13, 2017

I created a project named Demo Project (DP) and the user story has been named as DP-1. Is there anyway we can customize it to DP-1000 instead of 1. 

Also when I create a sub-task it is creating it as DP-2. I would like to give a different parameter for Sub-Tasks or Issues (For Ex: a,b,c,d or i, ii, iii, iv etc.,) 

Thank You in advance for your time.

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible.

Kiran December 13, 2017

Thank You Alexey.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

Create 998 more dummy records, then delete them.  It's also possible to set the counter higher if you have database access.  You might want to think about going to 10,000 though, in case you get more than 9,000 issues in a project.

For the sub-tasks, no.  They are issues, and obey the simple numbering scheme.  You'd need to rewrite the whole of Jira and all its add-ons to change that.

Kiran December 13, 2017

Thank You Nic!

Suggest an answer