How to customize user story naming format?

I created a project named Demo Project (DP) and the user story has been named as DP-1. Is there anyway we can customize it to DP-1000 instead of 1. 

Also when I create a sub-task it is creating it as DP-2. I would like to give a different parameter for Sub-Tasks or Issues (For Ex: a,b,c,d or i, ii, iii, iv etc.,) 

Thank You in advance for your time.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Create 998 more dummy records, then delete them.  It's also possible to set the counter higher if you have database access.  You might want to think about going to 10,000 though, in case you get more than 9,000 issues in a project.

For the sub-tasks, no.  They are issues, and obey the simple numbering scheme.  You'd need to rewrite the whole of Jira and all its add-ons to change that.

Thank You Nic!

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 13, 2017

Hello,

It is not possible.

Thank You Alexey.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

257 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you