How to create swimlanes based on my stories?

Bayar Said December 7, 2022

Hi,

i want to create swimlanes for my Kanban board based on the stories i created.

It should look like this:

Story 1

- All tasks created for story 1

Story 2

- All tasks created for story 2

etc.

Is there a way to create a board which looks like that?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 vote
Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hm, I do have swim lanes set on kanban board in a company managed kanban project.
I set them up based on epics, but you can use JQL
epic.png

Bayar Said December 7, 2022

Hi Marta! I tried setting it up based on epics also as stories but it is not working.. The epics/stories/tasks are not being shown in the kanban board if i set them up based on one of them..

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

If you use epics, then the epics must be on the board too and not in the backlog. 

As for the stories - can you show me JQL you are using for that? Maybe there is a mistake in the query itself :)

Like Dave Mathijs likes this
Bayar Said December 9, 2022

I don't have any JQL in there right now since it did not work. But setting it up to based on Story should already work or am I wrong?

2022_12_09-10_12-000012.jpg

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2022

Hey, yes if you have an option to base swimlanes on stories than it should work - story will become a swim lane name and all tickets created under this story should be shown in that swim lane. However - tickets that are just linked to the story won't show up this way.

Bayar Said December 12, 2022

Hey, yes i set the swimlane on Story but the shown swimlanes but the shown swimlane is not based on a story.. do you have any idea on how i can fix that?swimlane2.jpg

That is how my (test)project structure looks like:

gantt.jpg 

Marta Woźniak-Semeniuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2022

Are the story also added to the sprint ?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events