How to create recurring issues in JIRA Software (Cloud)

Brianna Leatham October 27, 2016

I am trying to find a way to create recurring issues for my facilities team, but there does not appear to be an "easy" way to do this without the help of a scheduler add-on from the Marketplace. Am I wrong? Does anyone know of a way to do this without the add-on? Thanks! 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2016

You definitely need some sort of scheduler to be able to do this.

The Scheduler plugin is an option of course, but I cheat.  Almost everywhere I work, I've got access to a unix-like server (often just "the Linux machine running JIRA") which I can rely on to run scripts.  If you can write a simple script that can poke new issues into JIRA via the REST interface, then you can add it to "cron" on a unix-like box, so that it runs regularly, as frequently as you need.  For Cloud, this does need you to have machine to run the scripts though.

Brianna Leatham October 28, 2016

Thank you, as always, Nic! 😊

0 votes
Deleted user October 28, 2016

Multi sub task creation is useful to create recurring sub tasks. If you are expecting recurring stories, then it is expensive!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2016

I can't find that in the marketplace - could you give us a pointer?

Suggest an answer