How to create queues for different agent tiers

Mel F February 19, 2019

I was hoping to create different queues so that if an issue is beyond a tier 1 agent's scope, the tier 1 agent can escalate it to a tier 2 agent. 

How would I go about creating these different queues?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

Our solution to this is to use different issue types. A ticket is tier 1, and a task is tier 2. Anything that can't be solved by tier 2 gets moved into a more specialized project.

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2019

The documentation will guide you on what can and can't be done. It's pretty straightforward.

Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

@Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems] 

The documentation you sent is only about how to add a queue, not how to implement tiered support.

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

A queue is a filter. Depending on your level of skill with JQL or Basic queries, you can create many queues. Documentation gives you an idea of what you can achieve but won't specifically show you how to use tiers.

See already answered solution.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-it-possible-to-create-different-support-team-queues-for/qaq-p/49948

Ben Poulson
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

I'm not the one who posted this question- I know how to do it. I was just providing an answer to that aspect of the question, since it wasn't covered in the documentation you sent.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2019

Suggest an answer