How to create jira issues on web form on a website

Swarna Radha October 25, 2017

Hi,

I want to know is there a way to create jira issues  in a website. For example there is a a contact form already existed in the site, when i filled the contact form, a jira issue is automatically created in JIRA

Thanks

Swarna

3 answers

0 votes
Bharath_Venkat_Rajan October 18, 2018

Hi Swarna,

Did you manage to figure this one out? I have a similar requirement, I have a web form which when the user submits it also creates a JIRA issue. 

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

Try Issue collector , it is perfect for your requirement.

Swarna Radha October 25, 2017

Hi Mizan, issue collector allows you to embed a jira feedback form into website. 

For my requirement, i have already have a contact form existed in my website. When a user fill the contact, a jira issue is created.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2017

Yes, i know it is for getting feedback but it does not stop you to use it as a contact form.

However, for example, if you want the old contact form you can try the below, otherwise as suggested by @MoroSystems Support

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/creating-issues-via-direct-html-links-159474.html

0 votes
MoroSystems Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2017

You can make your form send email to predefined JIRA email adress and make JIRA can cerate issue from that. This should require only making the right settings in JIRA.

Second way may be via JIRA REST API. You can authorize your website against JIRA and then simply let it create the issue from data you will send to it. This will require more coding and making your website comunicate via REST API with JIRA.

Suggest an answer