How to create issue in non-default status?

Dmitry Tomin June 15, 2013

On the create screen i'd like to decide in what of two status the issue should be created. How can I do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2013

You can't. A transition has a single end-point, so no matter what you do, "create" always lands on one status. That's it.

Your options:

• If the different status are for different issue types, create different workflows for them
  • Write a new "create" process
  • Include a transtion from the first status to the second in the workflow. Write a listener that will catch "create" events, and use the transition when it spots a new issue that should start in the other status

If you look through similar questions, you might find suggestions of writing a post-function that changes the status as the transition runs as well. I've never seen it work, although I've cleaned up the disastrous mess made by them a couple of times.

Dmitry Tomin June 15, 2013

Huge thanks for the answer. Now we use the first status "New" where user by hands decides what status to choose next by clicking appopriate transition.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2013

Yup, my third line is essentially that - you are doing it by hand at the moment, but a listener could be written to do it automatically.

Suggest an answer