How to create dummy Sub-task if an Issue is created.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Requirement:

Create a sub-task for each creation of Bug issue.

Means, if we create a bug issue then a postfunction should create a sub-task in it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi ,

You can use the Create on transition plugin . Its provides a postfunction for creating a subtask . You can add this postfunction on the Create transtion.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Exactly the same requirement is found in mentioned plugin.

But it is providing the extra functionalites also

I want only the specified requirement.How to do customization?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

What extra functionalities is provided ? I dont think you will need customization , you dont use what you dont want :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Why is that needed for creating sub-tasks?

Link type ids is what you get by going to http://yourserver/secure/admin/ViewLinkTypes.jspa

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

what is issueLinkTypeId and how can we get it?

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Yes you're right?

For the given link I am getting

XSRF Security Token Missing

browser error

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013
  1. Log in as a user with the JIRA Administratorsglobal permission.
  2. ChooseAdministration at the top right of your screen. Then choose System > Issue Features > Issue Linking(tab) to open the 'Issue Linking' page.

The link was to the same page.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Issue+Linking

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

Thanks Renjith, I got basic Idea about it

In the method call

createIssueLink(parentIssue.getId(), subIssueObject.getId(),xxxxx , user);

xxxx is issueTypeLinkId is a long type and how to get the type which is present in JIRA.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 9, 2013

I guess this should been posted as a new question. I thought the orginal question here was about creating a sub-task.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

Again Bharadwaj, new question. Before that try a google search :)

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2013

If I need to develop, the automatic creation of subtask issue when I create a Bug type issue.

How to approach?

Suggest an answer