How to create custom post function in jira

Syed Salman July 18, 2018

Hi,

I am new jira user, I have a script written in groovy, how can I attached it in jira and use it as a post function.

Regards

Salman

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2018

Hello,

Open your workflow and find the required transition. Then go to the post function tab and push the Add Post Function button. Then choose the Script Post-Function [ScriptRunner] post function. Then choose the Custom script post-function option and add your script.

Syed Salman July 19, 2018

Post_function.pngThanks, but I am unable to find the Script Post-Function  option, do I need to install application [ScriptRunner] ?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2018

Yes, you need to install the ScriptRunner plugin first

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2018

HI @Syed Salman

Actually, you have not yet mentioned which JIra (Server/cloud) are you using, For this first, you need to Edit the workflow on which you want to apply this Post Function.

For JIra server:

1. Admin --> Issues --> Workflow --> select the workflow and edit in diagram mode 

2. select and click on transition on which you want to apply the post function ..select post function, click on Add Post Function --> script post function --> custom script and then add the script and then publish your workflow.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/advanced-workflow-configuration-938847443.html#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-essentialpostfunctionsEssentialpostfunctions

For JIra Cloud:

1. Select the Jira icon Jira settings > Issues.
  2. Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow.
  3. In diagram mode, click Post Function.

When you click Add Post Function, you can choose from the available script post function and add the script.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/advanced-workflow-configuration-776636620.html

Syed Salman July 19, 2018

Thanks for the detail reply, I am using jira server 7.9, I am unable to find the Script Post-Function  option, do I need to install application [ScriptRunner] ?

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2018

Yes, as @Alexey Matveev mentioned you need to install Script Runner first then only the script post function option would be available and you can use it.

Suggest an answer