How to create custom field with matrix of options?

I want to create a field in JIRA that will let me store combinations of options for bug reports.

For example:

There is a bug on 4 different browser/OS combinations

• Windows 7,8,10, Chrome 
  • iPad Mini iOS 8
  • OS X Safari, Chrome

The idea was to have a set of checkboxes that would let the bug creator check each option where the issue is. Is there a way to do this or is there a better way that I'm not thinking of?

I could do a field with 20 checkboxes for each variant, but that would be a little ugly. 

2 answers

1 accepted

You can also use the Check box fields and concatenate them in a simple, read-only, text field. But I'm not sure why you can't just use checkbox.

You may also can use the Labels or Select list with multiple choices.

Cheers!
Teilor

What do you mean by a set of checkboxes? Check the "Cascading Select" custom field and see if it will meet your needs.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

92 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you