How to create custom field on JIRA Cloud

Ann Marie Guinan March 7, 2018

Hi, 

I'd like to add more custom fields to our helpdesk feature on Jira Cloud but I cannot find the correct fields to get more information from the customer before referring to the tech team. I would like to add the following

Issue - short text box

Radio button - have you contacted us before with this issue

I've read a number of similar questions but there is no option to add another text field when there is two in place. I was using label before I realised it wasn't a text box.

None of the other add field options are suitable

Thanks 

Ann Marie

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2018

Make note of the screens in the projects you would like the field to appear in.

As the Site-Admin

G+G > Type Custom into the box > Custom Fields

Alt. Top left corner JIRA Home  (in the new jira) > Settings > Issues > Custom Fields

In the top right of the Custom fields screen 'Add Custom Field'

Create the fields and add the to the screens. 

Ann Marie Guinan March 14, 2018

Hi Shawn, 

There is no matches for Custom when I search. How can I check if I am a site-admin

Untitled.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2018

I suspect Shawn is slightly confused - this is a Service Desk Request field question, not one about Jira custom fields.

To get a request to have fields, you do first need to have those fields available in the Jira issue, so his answer is partly right, but after adding them to the issue, you'll need to configure the request to use them as well.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html

0 votes
Shawn Masters
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

Hmm it is definitely there in my instance. Based on that search result it looks like you might be a project admin but not a full site-admin. 

And Nic is correct, I gave you a partial answer and did not include a mention to add them to your customer portal - ours is configured to show all fields and it skipped my mind; my apologies. 

Untitled.png

Suggest an answer